How to Make Buffalo Mac ’n’ Cheese
- Pour water into a large pot, almost covering more than half of it. Salt it and then bring it to a boil on medium-high heat. Add the elbow macaroni to boiling water till it is soft and tender, and then strain it and set it aside. This should take you up to 7 minutes in total.
- Then set the oven to preheat over 350 degrees Fahrenheit, in the meanwhile smear a large and oval casserole dish with butter.
- In a large sauté pan put over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of butter, onions, celery, and a pinch of salt altogether. Cook the mixture over medium heat till the onions and celery become soft but not completely brown, which should take you 7 minutes.
- In a large straight-sided skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the flour to the melted butter and cook it for a minute. Then add the half-and-half to the mix and then bring it to a boil, later cooking for 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, put it on the unlit stove, and add the cheddar cheese, Bergenost cheese, and blue cheese till it is melted. Then add the onion, macaroni, and hot sauce to the mixture. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- After mixing and stirring it well add the mixture to the casserole dish. Take out a small bowl, and add two tablespoons of butter to it, then mix it with panko then sprinkle the mixture with mac ’n’ cheese.
- Bake the dish for 35 – 40 minutes till it becomes bubbly and brown. Lastly, garnish with scallions.
- Let it cool for a while before you serve and then garnish with more scallions if you haven’t already.