Brussel Sprouts with Mushrooms
1 lb. fresh or frozen brusselssprouts
2 cups sliced button, white or shiitake mushrooms (you can use either one or a combination of all)
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
How to make Brussel Sprouts with Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the brussels sprouts if they are fresh or let them thaw if they are frozen.
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half.
- Add them in a large bowl along with the sliced mushrooms.
- Drizzle the olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Make sure that the seasoning covers the sprouts and mushrooms well. Toss them to coat evenly.
- Place brussels sprouts and mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- You can check their tenderness by piercing with a knife.
- Let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Brussels sprouts come from the cabbage family.
- They are an excellent source of fiber and aid in digestion.
- Just one cup of sprouts has 56 calories.
- Unlike other fruits and vegetables, brussels sproutsdon’t need to be ripe before
- Mushrooms closely resemble the human skin because it absorbs sunlight and produces vitamin D just like us.
- Mushrooms contain lots of vitamins, minerals and nutrients that make it a staple in Chinese medicine and cuisines.
- There are over a hundred varieties of mushrooms ranging from poisonous to medicinal.
- Olive oil has some of the healthiest fats that lower your LDL (bad cholesterol).
- Olive oil is great for promoting healthy skin, hair and nails.