Bob’s Stuffed Banana Pepper
finely chopped onion
finely chopped celery
minced garlic cloves
2 1/2 tsp
ground black pepper
grated parmesan cheese
hot Italian sausage
mild Italian sausage
1 1/2 cups
How to Make Bob’s Stuffed Banana Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Cut off the tops of banana peppers, and remove the ribs and seeds. Set them aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add banana peppers in it. Reduce the heat. Simmer until tender and firm. This will take 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and set it aside.
- Now heat butter in a medium skillet. Add reserved chopped banana peppers, onions and celery until tender, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and garlic cloves. Season with the basil leaves, oregano, salt and pepper. Let it simmer without a lid on, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine an egg, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the hot Italian sausages, mild Italian sausages, bread crumbs and tomato sauce mixture.
- With the help of a piping bag or a sausage stuffer, fill each of the pepper with the meat mixture.
- Place them in a baking dish and pour the remaining tomato sauce over the banana peppers.
- Bake them in the pre-heated oven for an hour.
- Once properly baked, take them out of the oven. Transfer them into a serving dish, and enjoy!
- Banana peppers are light green, orange, red and yellow in color.
- They have an oblong shape with pointed tips.
The banana pepper are most commonly found in America. But banana peppers and other peppers in the chili family have spread across the entire world.