- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 3 cups baby spinach — thoroughly rinsed and dried
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes — halved
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 green onion — sliced
- 1/2 cup edible flowers
- 1/4 cup walnuts — chopped finely
Blackberry Spinach Salad is an amazing brunch salad and is delicious even without a dressing. There are several variants each tasting as good as the other. Use balsamic vinegar or bacon dressing if you like to try variety with your salad dressings. The salad is a powerhouse of several vitamins and minerals thanks to the presence of blackberries, spinach, walnuts, and tomatoes.
- Blackberry Spinach Salad is incredibly healthy and packs in lots of minerals and vitamins. Blackberries are known to have one of the highest levels of antioxidants amongst all fruits. Their seeds too are rich in fiber.
- Blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries also pack in pectin which is a soluble fiber that creates a feeling of fullness, thus great for weight watchers.
- A high-fiber diet such as this one has its advantages. It helps reduce cholesterol and helps with the regular movement of the bowel. It also helps regulate the levels of blood sugar and sustains a healthy gut microbiome. The manganese inside blackberries meets about half of the daily recommended value of manganese.
How to make Blackberry Spinach Salad
Did you know there are as many as 375 species of blackberries around the world? Amazing, isn’t it? This is one of the healthiest fruits and packs in lots of nutrients.