How to make Beetroot Kootu
- In pan over medium flame, add oil and roast moong dal.
- Add water and bring to boil. Let the contents continue to cook for 10 min. season with salt and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Fry Bengal gram and urad dal followed by onion, dry red chilli, green chilli & curry leaves.
- When the onion becomes translucent, add chopped beetroot sauté and sauté for 3 min.
- Add water, turmeric, and salt and let cook.
- Add boiled moong dal and mix well.
- Store it in a casserole or storage container to keep it warm for hours together. Serve hot with rice or chapatti.