how to make Beet Salad
- In a saucepan, bring water to boil and place beets and let cook completely.
Note: Ensure that the beets are completely immersed in water.
- Drain and let cool. Cut cooked beets in to cubes.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat place walnuts and toss. When the walnuts begin to toast, stir in the maple syrup.
- Once the walnuts are well coated and cooked a bit, remove from heat and let cool.
- To make the dressing, whisk orange juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Place a large helping of baby greens onto each of four salad plates.
- Sprinkle candied walnuts over the greens, followed by cooked beets.
- Finish off with dabs of goat cheeseand a drizzle of salad dressing.