How to Make Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Throw all the ingredients balsamic vinegar, light olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, basil leaves. Salt, black pepper, dried oregano and garlic powder into your mini cuisinart and blend well.
- After a number of spins, turn the blender off and taste the balsamic vinaigrette. You may want to add some more of the ingredients depending on its taste and texture.
- If you want to keep the flavor average you can use the ingredients used here. But if you want a rich flavor of a little more spice, you add after wards and blend with one more spin.
- If the texture feels too light and you feel it dripping then you can add more Dijon mustard to get a firmer texture.
- Dress up your favorite salad with it and enjoy!
- If you want to test the quality of your Balsamic Vinegar you can do the mirror test on it! If you can see your face reflected back in a bowl full of it you can be sure it’s of premium quality!
- In some parts of the world, when a male child is born, he is given a bottle of the balsamic vinegar as a gift which is kept until the child has grown into an adult!
In Italy, Balsamic Vinaigrette is actually used to treat issues of indigestion and cold and not just as a tasty treat.