How to Make Baked Mac and Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the salt. Bring it to a boil. Once boiled, drain the water and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly beat the egg. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour. Whisk until well-combined. Cook for a couple of minutes, making sure that it doesn’t burnout.
- Gently pour in the milk and add in the mustard. Mix until smooth, and the consistency is thick. This will take 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add in the beaten egg into the mixture, stirring constantly.
- Add in the goat’s milk cheese, and stir until well combined.
- Add in the salt, black pepper, paprika, and thyme. Taste the sauce, and add more salt and black pepper, if required.
- Now transfer the cooked macaroni in the mixture. Mix until the cheese mixture is evenly spread with the macaroni.
- In a small bowl, add in the melted butter and bread crumbs. Season it with salt and pepper, and stir properly.
- Spread the prepared macaroni in the baking dish. Sprinkle the dish with the prepared topping.
- Transfer the dish to the preheated oven. Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Capricious is a mold-ripened cheese which is made from the goat’s milk
- It is made by the Achadinha Cheese Company in Petaluma, California
- During the aging process of capricious cheese, it is specially hand rubbed with the nutritious olive oil