How to make Baked Gujiya
- Mix flour and clarified butter in a bowl. Add a little lukewarm milk and knead well to make dough. Cover it and place it aside for 15 minutes.
- Place the thickened milk in a bowl and roast it in a microwave for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and stir the thickened milk. Cool it down a little bit.
- Add cardamom powder, chopped cashews, raisins, and almond powder. Mix everything thoroughly before you add the sugar.
- Knead the dough once again and divide it into small balls. Use your palm to press the balls to shape and place the balls on a greased baking tray.
- Heat the oven to400°F (200°C). Place the tray in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray. Mix the condensed milk with 2 tsp. milk and use a brush to apply it on all the sides of the baked gujiya.
- Place the tray in the oven for the second time and let the gujiya bake for additional 4 minutes. Remove the tray and cool the gujiya down.
- Serve immediately.
- For many centuries, clarified butter has been used as a potent anti-aging treatment in India and many countries across Asia.