- Wash the beetroots well and then pat them dry. Now cut the beetroots into extremely thin slices.
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Brush a baking tray ( preferably a large one)with olive oil. Place the chips on the tray leaving a little margin between each chip and sprinkle the powdered pepper and sea salt over the chips. It is important to leave a little gap so that the chips bake properly.
- Place the tray inside the oven and bake the chips for as long as 20 minutes. It would be better if you keep checking for every 10 minutes because beetroot burns quickly.
- After 20 minutes remove the tray and let the chips cool. Serve fresh.
Tips : You can bake a huge batch and store them in an airtight insulated container to binge on them whenever you feel like it.
- This might come as a surprise but Beetroot is a cure for hangovers.
- Betacyanin which is the pigment that is the reason behind beetroot’s colour is an anti-oxidant.