- 1 avocado – halved with pit removed
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp scallion – freshly chopped
The avocado boat egg bake is the newest and greatest in millennial eating technology. Yes, the world has moved beyond simple avocado toast. The new and greatest way to eat avocado toast is to ditch the toast altogether and add an egg. Turns out, avocado forms the perfect natural, self-contained, egg container that creates a wonderful, easily transportable breakfast that will establish yourself as a true millennial. It is also just hands down delicious and worth trying, even if you’re not concerned with living your true millennial life.
The primary ingredient of this avocado boat egg bake is the avocado of course. Avocado has risen in popularity as of late mostly due to its health benefits:
- Avocados are extremely nutrient dense
- Avocados contain high amounts of potassium (more than bananas)
- Avocados are filled with monounsaturated fatty acids that protect the heart
- Avocados are rich with dietary fiber
- Avocados lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and Triglyceride levels
- Avocados help your body absorb nutrients from other plant foods
How to make Avocado Boat Egg Bake
Note: Stabilize the avocado upright with bunched tinfoil, if necessary.
The oldest evidence of avocado use was discovered in Mexico and dates to around 10,000 BC.