How to make Avocado Chutney
- Cut open the avocado and remove the seed (stick the knife in the seed and pull it out).
- Scoop out pulp with a spoon.
- Add avocado pulp, onions, tomatoes, green chilies and cilantro in a food processor.
- Mix lemon juice and salt in the avocado paste.
- Use it fresh and slather between sandwiches or use it as a dip with chips and vegetables. You can also refrigerate this chutney in an air tight container for 1-2 days.
- Avocado although used in savory dishes, is not a vegetable but a fruit. To be more exact, it is a berry.
- In India,avocadosare called butter fruit and used to make milkshakes, smoothies and ice-cream.
- In the US, avocados are used to make guacamole.And during the Super Bowl season, around 53.1 million pounds of avocadosareconsumed each year.
- The Mexican grill restaurant Chipotle uses 97,000 pounds of avocados every day.
- Avocados, like chocolate, are harmful for pets.
- According to some sources, Mexican cartels make $150 million a year smuggling avocados to the US.