Authentic Thai Steak Salad
tsp ground black pepper
tsp kosher salt
lb flank steak
cup fresh lime juice
tbsp soy sauce
tbsp brown sugar
tbsp fish sauce
tsp minced garlic
tsp chili-garlic sauce
heads romaine lettuce
cup mint leaves – fresh
cup cilantro leaves – fresh
cup Thai basil leaves – fresh
How to make Authentic Thai Steak Salad
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high temperature.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper onto the flank steak.
- Cook steak on preheated grill until it reaches the desired state of doneness.
- Whisk together lime juice, chili-garlic sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce, garlic, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Mix mint, basil romaine lettuce, and cilantro together in a bowl.
- Spoon 6 tbsp of the lime juice mixture over the romaine mixture romaine mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Cut the steak into strips.
- Submerge strips in remaining lime juice mixture.
- Let sit for steak to marinate, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place steak on romaine mixture.
The most expensive cut of steak is filet mignon.