Authentic Thai Green Curry
8 oz bamboo shoots – thinly sliced
3 tbsp corn oil
3 tbsp green curry paste
1 lb lean boneless pork – cut into 1/2-inch cubes
28 oz coconut milk
1 small red bell pepper – thinly sliced
1 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
8 kaffir lime leaves – thinly sliced
2 tsp fish sauce
1/2 cup Thai basil
How to make Authentic Thai Green Curry
- Boil a large pot of water.
- Cook bamboo shoots for 5 minutes.
- Drain the pot.
- Heat oil in a large pot at a medium temperature.
- Cook curry paste until it turns fragrant.
- Add pork.
- Increase the temperature and cook until the pork begins to brown.
- Add red bell pepper, bamboo shoots, and coconut milk.
- Reduce heat and let simmer.
- Season with salt and sugar.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in kaffir lime leaves.
- Cook for 1 more minute.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Stir in Thai basil and serve.
Green curry came into its modern form during the reign of king Rama 6.