- 1 lb carrots — peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg — ground
- 2 tsp lemon juice — fresh
- 1 tsp orange zest
- fresh parsley — chopped (for garnishing)
Apricot Glazed Carrots is an exotic delicacy that can be served slightly warm or cold. The dish can be prepared within 25 minutes. The carrots are cooked on low flame until tender and then mixed with the apricot sauce which is tangy in taste. The delicacy is seasoned with a little honey and apricot preserves.The right amount of sweetness, tanginess and the taste of carrots all make the dish delightful,completely packed with flavor.
- Carrots, the main ingredient of the dish comprise of vitamin A improves eyesight. Carrots are rich in vitamin K, B6, and potassium. It has also been scientifically proven that including carrots in your diet helps reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases as they are rich in anti-oxidants.
- Apricots which are potent sources of vitamin A and fiber. Apricots are excellent sources of anti-oxidants, potassium, and iron.
How to Make Apricot Glazed Carrot
You can give this dish a spin by adding in some honey according to your taste. Honey has both anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. In a nutshell, these apricot glazed carrots guarantee a power-packed meal that is as nutritious as it is appealing to the eyes and taste buds, literally!
Apricot Glazed Carrots can be served with meat or poultry or with rice. It tastes good with both! The sweet and tender carrots just melt in your mouth as you enter the world of unforgettable flavors. Do not forget to savor the taste of this amazing dish at office and enjoy it warm and fresh in a Vaya tiffin.