- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils — rinsed
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup carrot — chopped
- 1 cup celery- chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cups of water
- black pepper-ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cubes of beef bouillon cube
- 4.5 oz canned mushrooms-drained
- 6 cups of tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- a dash of Worcestershire sauce
The Beefy Lentil Vegetable Soup is great for weight watchers. It comprises of plenty of lentils which are excellent sources of protein. Lentils are also fast to cook and are low in fat. Add to it the innumerable health benefits of the nutritious ingredients- carrots, celery, and onion, more reason to go for this soup overloaded with goodness.
The soup is cooked covered on a low flame so as to retain the flavors of all ingredients and trapping in as much nutrients as possible for a healthy and super delicious meal.
- Beefy Lentil Vegetable Soup comprises of healthy veggies like carrots, which are rich sources of beta carotene vitamin K, potassium, fiber, and anti-oxidants. Carrots are the favorites of weight watchers and they help improve eyesight.
- Tomatoes are major dietary sources of lycopene, the anti-oxidant linked to lower risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. What’s more, tomatoes are packed in vitamin C and K as well as folate and potassium.
How to Make Beefy Lentil Vegetable Soup