Prepare the Batter
- Pour the sugar and yeast inside hot water to dissolve and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and oil together in another bowl.
- Pour the yeast and sugar mixture into the flour mixture.Note: Make sure you have a smooth batter with the fine consistency of a pancake. Add water as
- Let the batter sit for 30 minutes in a warm place.
Prepare the Syrup.
- Boil the sugar in water.
- Add cardamom and lemon juice.
- Let it boil for about 8 minutes until the syrup is at a half thread consistency.
Make the Jalebi
- Heat oil in the frying pan.
Note: Make sure the oil is hot enough to sizzle when the batter is dipped into it.
- Roll apple slices in the batter one at the time to ensure they are well covered.
- Drop the batter covered apple slices into hot oil.
- Fry the Jalebi for about 5 minutes to cook in small batches.
- Turn the Jalebi occasionally to ensure it turns a golden brown coloring.
- Put the already fried Jalebi into hot syrup.
- Remove the Jalebi from the syrup after a few seconds, and drain the excess syrup.
- Garnish the well-drained Jalebi with sliced pistachios.
- Serve the jalebi s right away or pack them for tomorrow’s lunch a Vaya Tyffyn lunch box.
The apple is one of the most cultivated and well consumed fruits in the world. It goes by many names, including the “miracle food”.