How to Make Andhra Chepala Pulusu
- Marinate the fish with green chillis, ginger garlic paste, grated coconut, Indian spices mix, chili powder, coriander leaves, cumin and green cardamom. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Submerge the tamarind in hot water for 5 minutes. Filter the mixture to extract clean juice.
- To use grated coconut, grind the powder with ½ up of water and filter out the juice. Discard the pulp. It is important to not add too much water while grinding.
- Heat a large pan with oil. Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin and green cardamom. Continue to cook until the aroma fills the kitchen. Stir in curry leaves and simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in onion and green chillis. Fry until they turn golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté the mixture for a minute.
- Fry the pieces on medium high for about 3 minutes. Flip them to ensure all sides are golden brown.
- Pour the tamarind juice on the pieces. Simmer the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Add garam masala and pour water to cover the ingredients. Simmer on medium flare.
- Add the coconut paste to the pieces. Mix properly. Add coriander leaves and serve the curry with rice.
Did you know that the real name of comic superhero Aquaman is Arthur Curry?