How to Make Set Dosa
- Grind ponni rice, flattened rice, skinned black gram, fenugreek seeds, and salt and let ferment overnight.
- Heat a tawa and mix the batter gently.
- Pour one ladle of batter and dab gently to spread the batter.
- Drizzle oil across the edges, cover for a few seconds or until cooked.
- Repeat the process to make more dosas.
- Serve set dosas with coconut chutney and sambar.
Note: Optionally, you can flip and roast the inner side as well.
You really don't have to go through the stress of standing in line to microwave your food at work. Not when your Vaya Tyyfyn can keep your set dosas steaming and smoking hot hot and as if it was dished out straight off the pan.
- In India, rice is the first food a new bride offers to her husband and the first food offered to newborn babies.
- Rice is the dietary staple for more than 1/2 of the world's population.
- It is estimated that it takes 2,000 to 5,000 tons of water to produce a ton of rice.