Wedding Gift Spaghetti Sauce
How to Make Wedding Gift Spaghetti Sauce
- Take a deep pan.
- Heat up some olive oil into the pan.
- Once, heated add butter into the pan and let it melt and mix up with the oil.
- Add onion and garlic into the pan.
- Fry these until the onions turn translucent and the garlic begins to release a sweet smell.
- Add ground beef and mild sausages into the pan.
- Cook these for 10 to 15 minutes until they turn brown and crumble into the pan.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, dried rosemary, dried oregano and freshly ground black pepper into the pan.
- Mix all the spices well.
- Let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add 2 glasses of water, tomato paste and tomato puree into the pan.
- Blend it all into the mixture.
- Cover the pan and let the sauce simmer at low heat for the next two hours.
- Check every half an hour to check the consistency of the sauce.
- Turn off the heat when it is well-blended and nice and thick.
- Refrigerate it until needed for dressing!
- In Italian, tomatoes are called ‘pomodoro’ which literally translates to golden apple.
- The discovery that tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable was not a scientific one. It happened when the U.S listed tomato as a vegetable for tax purposes.
There is not one mention of tomatoes either in the works of Shakespeare or the Bible.