Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread
ounces of cream cheese, softened
tbsp of chopped garlic
tbsp of salt
can of artichoke hearts, should be chopped and dried
cup of black olives, finely chopped and diced
green onions, diced
ounces of sun dried tomatoes, chopped and softened
cup of parsley, chopped
chopped fresh chives
How to Make Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread
- Mix cream cheese, garlic and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add in artichokes and olives.
- Add green onions, tomatoes and parsley to the bowl and mix together.
- Refrigerate this mixture for several hours to blend the flavors.
- If you find that the mixture has become too thick, stir on the artichoke juice to thin it out.
- Set this aside to cool it at room temperature.
- Serve with crispy bread and enjoy!
- The most popular brand of cream cheese in the US is Philadelphia, which boasts production as early as 1872 in New York. It was William Lawrence, a dairy farmer who added cream to Neufchatel and found a way to mass produce the cream cheese.
Since then it has gained so much popularity that by March 2014, around 74% of Americans had cream cheese I their households. According to statista.com more than 245 million Americans used cream cheese in 2017.