How to Make Warm Goat Cheese Salad
- Place cheese slices on break and grill. Do not fully melt them.
- Fry lardon cubes until they become crisp.
- In a bowl, add mustard, salt, pepper, cider and vinegar. Whisk.
- Add oil to the mixture. Then add minced shallot. Whisk.
- Apply a few drops of oil to the lettuce leaves with dressings.
- In a separate bowl, line the edge with lettuce leaves.
- Add toasted cheese slices. Then sprinkle with nuts and lardon.
- Optional step: break the egg into half. Place the yolk side on top of the salad.
- You could use nylon thread or dental floss to neatly slice goat cheese.
- You could freeze the breaded parts for a few minutes before frying them as that is effective in preventing the bread crumbs from coming off goat cheese.
- ‘Chevre chaud’ literally means hot goat.
- Some people may add French cheese to the salad for more flavor. Camembert cheese, lightly heated in the oven, can be used to add more flavor. Avoid over-cooking it as you could burn your mouth when cheese melts.
Some people may drink yolk directly from the shell first before eating cheese and bread slices.