- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large yam - peeled, and cut into approximately 1 inch pieces
- 1 large parsnip, also peeled and cut into approximately 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, trimmed and chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, well ground
This intriguing dish has the flawless combination of sweet and salty. It is easy to cook and can be served as a side dish, salad, or snack. You are free to add any or all the veggies and herbs that you have in your refrigerator.
Here’s the recipe of vegetable medley to which you can add more or different vegetables as well.
The recipe contains 191 calories per serving and consists other essentials such as vitamins, calcium, potassium, protein, magnesium, folate etc. which are good for your health.
How to Make Vegetable Medley
Vegetable medley, also known as ‘Briam’ in Greek, is an excellent vegetable dish. Although exact origin remains to be unknown, vegetable medley is supposed to be an olden dish which has had numerous variants and evolved overtime only to be extra delicious and healthy.