How to make Vegan Steak
- In a bowl, combine vital wheat gluten flour, nutritional yeast, salt, and paprika.
- Add water and soy sauce and knead to a smooth dough; flatten the dough on a plate.
- Cut it into desired shapes and press further to make each piece of dough thinner.
- In a pan, add water and bay leaves, bring to a boil, and reduce the heat.
Note: Do not turn off the heat. At this stage, ensure that the water is simmering and not boiling.
- Add the wheat-based steak, partially cover the pan, and cook for 30 - 40 minutes.
- In a skillet over high heat, add oil, and fry cooked steak until crispy.
- Transfer the vegan steaks to a bowl, add soy sauce, cover with a lid, and shake to cpread the sauce over the steak.
- Serve hot!
- World Vegan Day is celebrated across the globe on the 1st of November every year.
- Wheat contains natural protein in the form of vital wheat gluten.
- In 2014, India recorded highest number of vegetarians in the world. The number also included vegans.