- 2 cups idli dosa batter
- 1 onion—chopped
- 1/2 tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green chillies--finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Small handful curry leaves
- 1 tsp oil, for each uthappam
Uthappam is a type of dosa or pancake in which vegetables are added to the batter before you make the dosa. Uthappam is traditionally made with dosa batter that has lightly soured.
However, you don’t need to stress if you don’t have exactly that, regular batter can be used to make it or better still, you could prepare the dosa batter in the morning and then make the uthappam later in the evening. Ghee can also be used instead of vegetable oil.
You don’t really need any additional side dish with this dosa recipe. This dish is perfect for you if you favor a quick breakfast. The batter could also be made in the night and then used the next day.
- Uthappam is a good source of carbohydrates, which gives the body the fuel to perform various functions.
- This dish will also give you protein, which is very vital for growth and development. It makes our muscles, bones, and hair stronger. It is also low in calories and this means you are not in danger of gaining too much weight by eating uthappam regularly.
How to make Uthappam
To ensure your foods are never cold, get a VayaTyffyn lunchbox. These lunchboxes are designed to be airtight in order to make sure your meals stay in perfect conditions. No heating or microwaving before you can enjoy your meal that’s still steaming hot.