- Rinse the trout and pat it dry. Sprinkle pepper and salt inside and outside of the trout.
- Sprinkle flour on the trout evenly. Heat 2 tbsp butter in a skillet and allow it to melt over high heat. Add the trout and allow it to turn brown on both sides. Simmer for 5 minutes until the trout is cooked.
- Take the trout out from the skillet and place it on a serving plate. Keep it warm.
- Thoroughly dry a pan and add about 2 tbsp butter. Cook the butter on medium heat until it turns slightly brown. Add the almonds to the butter and let them turn brown.
- Season the fish in the serving plate with almonds and sauce. Sprinkle parsley and lemon juice. Also add some fresh lemon slices.
If you wish to get fancy with this dish, add a small lump of crab meat in melted butter over the top. You could also add some white wine to the butter sauce for an extra flavor. The pan should be thoroughly heated to get the trout crispy from both sides.
- The dish uses a garnish of almonds as indicated by the word ‘Amandine’. Such dishes are generally cooked with seasonings in butter. They are then sprinkled upon with toasted almonds which can be used in a flaked or whole form.
- Amandine dishes can include potatoes, green peas, asparagus, and fish. Rainbow trout are amongst the most popular game fish. They have a beautiful color and belong to the salmon family. They live in freshwater but will then migrate to salt water only to return again to freshwater when it’s time to spawn.