How to Make Tropical punch
- Mix the rum, passion fruit juice, lime juice, grenadine, mango juice, nutmeg and ice cubes in a large jug.
- It is ideal to let the mixture stay for the entire net and let the flavors blend together.
- Stir and serve chilled.
- Fruit punch was first introduced from India to the United Kingdom in the 17th
- The word punch comes from the Sanskrit word (panc) which means ‘five’. This is because the drink was originally made with only five ingredients.
- The original recipe for the punch included alcohol, sugar, lemon, tea, water and a few spices.
- Punches have become very common in parties among college and university students. They are usually not very healthy because of the high alcohol content and cheaper ingredients.
- It wasn’t until 1655 that Jamaican rum came into use and the modern punch came into being.
Many soft drink manufacturers have tried to distribute ‘fruit punches’, but they usually contain only a small fraction of fruit juice while the main constituents come from sugar and corn syrup. For this reason, it is recommended to prepare the fruit juice at home instead of purchasing from a vendor.