Start Reading Mode
0 0
Tomato Bruschetta

Share it on your social network:

Or you can just copy and share this url

Tomato Bruschetta

Features:
  • Vegan
Cuisine:
  • 35 mins
  • Serves 8
  • Easy

Ingredients

Share

When it is summer, we all look forward to having a great time with family and friends and of course, we all want to enjoy a great meal, especially the summer dish of bruschetta.

Bruschetta is a classic Italian appetizer and it is the perfect way to enjoy the sweet flavor of a garden ripen tomato with fresh basil, olive oil, and garlic. You can sure make a toast to the summer toast.

With tomato bruschetta, you do not have to worry about complex recipes and directions because it is easy to make. In fact, all you need is tomatoes, basil, balsamic, olive oil, garlic, and toasted baguette or rustic bread.

You can also make a large quantity of the toppings and the toasted baguette slices ahead of time which makes it even perfect for a party. You can have people put their toppings according to their taste or just serve them. Whichever way, you are sure to leave them wanting more.

Health Benefits                                                           

  1. The antioxidant lycopene, which is known to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer among other health benefits can be gotten from tomatoes.
  2. Tomatoes are also a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K and folate. Tomatoes have also been known to provide relief from diabetes, skin problems, andurinary tract infections among other health benefits.
(Visited 174 times, 1 visits today)

How to make Tomato Bruschetta

  1. Preheat the oven to 450oF.
  2. Blanch and peel the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and squeeze out the juice and seeds.
  3. Chop the tomatoes into small dice and place in a bowl.
  4. Mix with chopped garlic, balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp. olive oil, basil, freshly ground black pepper, and salt.
  5. Cut the baguette diagonally into1/2-inch slices. Brush one side of the slices with olive oil.
  6. Toast baguette slices for 5 minutes until the edges are light brown.
  7. Arrange your toasted baguette in a platter with the oiled side facing up and top with your tomato mixture.

Trivia

  1. Tomatoes contain 95% water and the remaining 5% is mainly fiber and carbohydrate.

Paulo Ricci

Szechwan Potatoes
previous
Szechwan Potatoes
Urad Dal Pakoda
next
Urad Dal Pakoda
Szechwan Potatoes
previous
Szechwan Potatoes
Urad Dal Pakoda
next
Urad Dal Pakoda

Add Your Comment