How to make Tomato Bruschetta
- Preheat the oven to 450oF.
- Blanch and peel the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and squeeze out the juice and seeds.
- Chop the tomatoes into small dice and place in a bowl.
- Mix with chopped garlic, balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp. olive oil, basil, freshly ground black pepper, and salt.
- Cut the baguette diagonally into1/2-inch slices. Brush one side of the slices with olive oil.
- Toast baguette slices for 5 minutes until the edges are light brown.
- Arrange your toasted baguette in a platter with the oiled side facing up and top with your tomato mixture.
- Tomatoes contain 95% water and the remaining 5% is mainly fiber and carbohydrate.