How to Make Tofu Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, combine tofu with 2 cups of mozzarella and ricotta cheese.
- Fold in all the ingredients together, mix well and set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, ass in a layer of pasta sauce (preferably with mushrooms) evenly.
- Add a layer of lasagna noodles and cover the entire layer.
- Spoon in a layer of the tofu and cheese filling.
- Repeat this layering process until the dish is full.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and ricotta cheese.
- Garnish it with fresh parsley.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until the top gets slightly brown.
- Let it stand for 10 extra minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Lasagna is often used in pop culture references as one of the most favorite foods. E.g. Garfield loves lasagna.
- Lasagna was actually the name of the pot it was cooked in and not the name of the dish itself. It was called lasanon.
- Lasagna recipe was first written in cookbooks back in the 14th century, making it one of the oldest pasta baked dishes.
- Tofu is a common ingredient found in vegan cookery and works as a great substitute for eggs, meat and milk based dishes.
Tofu is a huge part of Pan Asian cuisine and you will find almost any authentic Chinese, japans e or Korean restaurant having tofu based dishes.