Spinach Tomato Tortellini
tablespoon olive oil
cup full-fat cream, whipped
tablespoon white flour
cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
garlic cloves, minced
medium onion, peeled and chopped
teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
teaspoon dried oregano
tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
teaspoon thyme, dried
fresh tomatoes, diced
teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
How to Make Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- Fill a large pot with water. Add a tablespoon or two of salt for added flavor.
- Add tortellini and cook for around 10 minutes until it turns tender.
- Drain excess water.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over a stove.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, salt, black pepper, garlic, basil, thyme, and oregano in the saucepan. Stir and cook at medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat.
- In a medium bowl, take flour, cream, and milk. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add this mixture to the saucepan and stir.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and heat for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add tortellini to the saucepan.
- Toss to coat it with the sauce.
- Simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer spinach tomato tortellini to a serving dish. Sprinkle cheese, red chili flakes, and parsley at the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
- March 26th is celebrated as the National Spinach Day.
- China is the largest producer of spinach in the world, whereas USA is second in the list.
- After the launch of the famous cartoon “Popeye”, the consumption of spinach increased by 33% in the US.
- Medieval artists used to extract green pigment from spinach to create art pieces.
Alma city in Arkansas holds an annual spinach festival every year.