How to Make Three Cheese Manicotti
- Make sure you lightly oil the baking dish before you start.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add 2 tbsp of salt and the manicotti as desired.
- Keep stirring to avoid letting them stick to the pot.
- Drain, rinse and drain again under cold water for 2 minutes continuously.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread layer of tomato sauce to the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, mozzarella and half a cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano, basil, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix it in with the manicotti.
- Top it all off with the remaining tomato sauce and an additionally layer of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Once you plan to bake the dish, be careful that you cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Keep the dish baking until you see the sauce bubbling and cheese turning golden.
- After baking for nearly 35, let the dish rest for around 10 minutes.
- It takes nearly 10 pounds of milk to create just 1 pound of cheese.
- The famous Swiss cheese wheel began in the Middle Ages when the government tax was on the number of cheese items produced and not the actual weigh.
Greeks eat an average of nearly 54 pounds of cheese every year, more than any other country.