How to Make Stuffed peppers
- Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F.
- Stir in rice and water in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil.
- Once the water is brought to a boil, reduce the heat and cover the pan. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- In a medium sized skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until it is brown.
- Prepare the bell peppers by removing the tops, seeds and internal membranes.
- Spread the peppers evenly in a baking dish, facing upward.
- Mix the beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper.
- Enter an equal amount of the mixture into the hollowed peppers.
- If any tomato sauce and Italian seasoning remains, mix them in a bowl. Pour them over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake the mixture for 1 hour in the preheated oven or until the peppers are tender.
- Bell peppers are green because they are allowed to ripen on their vines.
- Peppers are classified as fruits because they are produced from flowering plants and contain seeds
- Scientists have a name for bell peppers, it is called Capsicum annum.
Although they are very similar in name, the bell pepper is not related to black pepper.