How to make Strawberry Jam
- Chop strawberries into the size you prefer.
- In a bowl combine sugar and chopped strawberries. Let sit at room temperature for about 16 hours; the sugar will have dissolved.
- Place a pan over a low flame and combine lemon juice and sugar-and-strawberry mixture.
- Add butter and stir until the butter completely melts.
- Once the mixture cools down, transfer it to a clean jar and refrigerate.
- Serve fresh homemade strawberry jam with toast, pancakes, breads etc.
- Store it in kitchen storage containers
Strawberries are typically the first fruit to ripen during the spring.