How to make Stuffed Idli
- Heat a medium kadai. Add split urad dal and mustard seeds. Now, add finely chopped tomatoes and onions and fry until transparent.
- On a medium flame, add capsicum and fry for 1-2 minutes. When properly cooked, add turmeric, red chilli powder, and little salt. Fry everything until they become mushy and into a masala.
- On a medium flame, add the well-mashed potato and gently stir everything together for 1 minute.
- Add water, cover the kadai and cook on a low flame for 5-7 minutes or till veg are well-cooked. If the mixture is too dry, sprinkle little water and stir well. Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Once the mixture finally becomes dry masala, remove from heat and set aside to cool for some time.
- To make your stuffed idli, add some oil to the idli plate to the grease it. Now, pour ½ ladle of batter and gently spread evenly. Add 1 tablespoon of masala and plunk over the idly batter on the plate. Add another layer of idli butter above the filling and gently close it.
- Steam the idli until well cooked. Remove from heat and transfer to serving plate.
- Your delicious Stuffed Idli dish is finally ready. It is best to serve hot.
To ensure your foods are never cold, get a VayaTyffyn lunchbox. These lunchboxes are designed to be airtight in order to make sure your meals stay in perfect conditions. No heating or microwaving before you can enjoy your meal that’s still steaming hot.
More than 1 billion people worldwide are actively participating in the process of growing rice.