How to make Spicy Garlic Chutney
- Combine the tomato, garlic cloves, salt, water, red chili powder and cumin seeds in a blender or grinder.
- Grind until a smooth paste is formed.
- In a skillet, heat oil. When the oil starts giving out smoke, add the blend and cook until the tomatoes turn a deep red and the oil starts separating from the sides. Allow to cool
- Transfer prepared relish into clean jars. The garlic tomato chutney is all yours to enjoy!
- Garlic is a huge part of Indian cuisine, and almost every dish includes a garlic and ginger paste as a base.
- In pop culture and fantasy fiction, garlic is known to ward off vampires. People hand whole garlic bulbs outside their doors to prevent the vampires from coming inside their homes. But the only thing it wards off is the people around you due to bad breath.
- China grows the most garlic in the world. In fact it is estimated that it produces around 2/3 of the world’s garlic.
- Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated crops. The builders of the great pyramids of Egypt were given garlic to increase their strength.