How to make Soan Papdi
- In a large bowl, mix all-purpose flour and gram flour.
- In a heavy saucepan, add ghee and then add the flour mixture and roast on simmer till it turns golden. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- To prepare the syrup, mix sugar, milk, and water and bring it to a thread like consistency. Immediately add it to the flour mixture and beat the mixture with a fork till the whole mixture forms flakes which are threadlike.
- Pour the mixture into a greased thali and roll it lightly into a 1-inch thickness. Let the whole thing cool and then cut them into squares. Place them in an airtight food containers; to avoid letting them soften.
- You can garnish with pistachios and dried rose petals to make it more eye-catching.
- Enjoy this super deliciously simple sweet with your family!
Soan Papdi is also known as sohan papdi or son papri or shonpapri. In the olden days, it was sold loose in plastic covers, but now the Industry has made it more sophisticated.