- 50 ml or 1 2/3 fl ounce light rum
- 1 tsp or 3.75 ml grenadine
- 15ml or ½ fl ounce anisette
- 15ml or ½ fl ounce lemon Juice
- Lemon wedge, for garnishing (this is optional)
- ice cubes
How to make Shanghai Cocktail
The origin of the name of the ingredient –grenadine- is from “grenade” which is a French word. In French, grenade means pomegranate – “pomme” means apple while “granate” is the derived from the word for seeds in Italian language. Originally, Grenadine was prepared from sugar, water and pomegranate juice.