- 1 large chopped onion
- 100 g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 600 ml fish stock made from a cube of fish stock
- 320 g pack of mixed fish pie
- pinch of mace
- 225 g halved new potatoes
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 300ml milk
- 4 tbsp single cream
- 250 g pack of cooked mixed shellfish
- small bunch of parsley, chopped
- crusty bread for serving
Often referred to as the food of poor people in the past, chowder has grown to be one of the most popular and delicious food in the modern world. It can be enjoyed at any time of the day with any other food. Seafood being the main ingredient, gives it an aromatic and delicious flavor.
Extremely rich in protein, chowder is the healthiest kind of soup. It is also rich in sodium, which benefits the health of muscles and heart, and balances the fluid in human body.
How to Make Seafood Chowder
Although the most primitive and common ingredient remains shellfish and fish, people like to replace it with meat or poultry in the modern version of chowder.