- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 cup black lentil (urad dal)
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split black chickpeas (chana dal)
- 3 quarts of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium sized onion – chopped
- 3 chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 large potatoes (boiled)
- chutney of your choice (preferably coconut, tomatoes and cilantro)
- Pickle of your choice
- 16 oz sambar or bhaaji of choice)
Masala dosa is popular South Indian snack that is also often eaten as a whole meal. A dosa is basically an Indian version of a savory crepe. It is light, fluffy, crispy and absolutely tantalizing to your taste buds when eaten with the right kind of condiment. It is served with a variety of, pickles, chutneys and bhaajis and is a household favorite especially in the state of Karnataka.
You can either break the dosa and dunk it in the chutney or pickle of your choice or fill it up with the bhaaji/masala eat it like a roll. It’s a fun and tasty savory treat that you must try making at home.
Each dosa has 150 calories. It is a healthy snack as it is eaten with pickles and vegetables.
How to make Scrumptious Masala Dosa
For dosa batter
Prepare the aloo bhaaji for dosa
Prepare the dosa
Indian cuisine is quite diverse as the country has 28 regions with their own cooking styles and ingredients.