Salmon with Pecan Honey Glaze
cup pecan — chopped
4 fillets(4 oz) salmon
salt and pepper
cup vegetable oil
How to make Salmon with Pecan Honey Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C and spread the pecans on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly brown, stirring occasionally for uniform toasting.
- Add honey and half the butter to a saucepan and cook over medium to high heat.
- Add the toasted pecan and stir. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from flame and keep it warm.
- In a skillet, melt the remaining butter with oil ona high flame.
- Add salt and pepper to the fish.
- Place the fillets in the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until they are firm to touch.
- Salmon is completely cooked if it flakes easily. Transfer it to a serving plate, and spoon warm glaze over top.
Did you know that pecans can be first frozen and then refrozen for 2 full years without losing on both texture and flavor?