- ½ lb new potatoes - quartered
- ¼ cup fresh parsley - chopped
- ¼ cup nicoise olives - pitted
- ½ onion - thinly sliced
- 1 (5 oz) can tuna
- 1/3 lb fresh green beans - rinsed, trimmed and blanched
- ½ lb mixed salad greens
- 1 cup Lemon vinaigrette
- 3 hard-cooked eggs (quartered)
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 anchovy filets
How to make Salad Nicoise
TIP: The French way of preparing the same recipe is by just combining all of the ingredients excluding the greens, and letting them marinate in a batch of dressing.
In 2001 a 440-pound bluefin sold for $173,600 in the Japanese Tsukiji fish market - that's about $394 per pound!
The oldest olive tree in the world is on the island of Crete. The tree is over 5,000 years old and is still producing fruit.
The world’s largest salad was made in Romania in 2012 and weighed 41,998lb.