How to Make Rooibos Tea
- Medium heat water in a medium sized pot. Once the water has boiled, turn off the heat.
- Now pour the rooibos tea in a teapot. Pour the boiling water over the tea. Leave it to stand for 5 to 6 minutes, so that the flavor of rooibos tea is fully infused with the hot water.
- Pour the prepared tea into teacups. Sweeten it by adding sugar cubes.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and honey for flavor.
- Serve the hot tea and enjoy!
- Rooibos tea is made from the plant – Aspalathus Linearis, which is enjoyed in over 37 countries around the world.
- There are a variety of forms and types of rooibos tea including red, black, red-brown, and grey rooibos.
- Prior to the 20th century, only few people outside South Africa knew about rooibos tea.
In Japan, rooibos tea is known as “Long Life Tea”.