How to make Red Chili Thecha
- Heat up the oil in a pan. Add garlic cloves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add ginger paste and stir the mixture.
- Add red chilies and peanuts to the pan and fry on a medium flame.
- Add in the cumin powder and stir.
- Sprinkle salt and give it a good mix.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Transfer the pan contents to a mixer and grind it.
- Empty this chutney into a serving bowl and pour lemon juice over it. Mix it well again. The super spicy red chili thecha is ready to be consumed with your favorite meal.
- Thecha is a spicy condiment most popular across the states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, parts of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. There are many variants to this side dish.
- Red chili chutney or thecha is a very popular relish made in most households in Maharashtra. Often prepared in small batches, it can taste good and last for 2-3 days, if refrigerated properly.