How to Make Quick Gnocchi
- Pour water in a medium sized bowl and boil it.
- Place the potato flakes in the bowl, stir until it has blended perfectly. Set aside for cooling
- Mix in egg, salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Add enough flour to the mixture to make it look stuff.
- Place the dough on a floured board. Knead it lightly.
- Divide the dough in half, shaping each into a long thin roll until you get the thickness of a breadstick.
- Using a knife dipped in flour, cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Place gnocchi in boiling water.
- Once the gnocchi rises to the top of the pot, remove it will a spoon.
- Repeat this process until it is cooked thoroughly.
- One of the biggest myths about potatoes is that when you peel them, they lose all their nutrients. This is false because while the skin does contain about half of the dietary fiber, the majority of the nutrients are found inside the potato itself.
- Did you know that potatoes make for a surprisingly tasty substitution for pizza crust? Just top them grilled or roasted with your favorite pizza toppings.
One of the popular dishes made of potatoes is French Fries, but no one really knows the origin of fires. Some claim it was the French, others believe it was the Belgians.