Prawn Popcorn with pickle cream
How to Make Prawn Popcorn with pickle cream
- Chop the prawn mix ingredients (don’t use oil).
- In a bowl, mix eggs and four to make a thick paste.
- Pound the prawn crackers to give them the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Make small discs of chopped prawn and coat lightly with the paste.
- Roll the discs in ground prawn crackers and fry in oil.
- Serve them hot and enjoy!
- To prepare the dip, add 1 tbsp pickle puree to ½ cup cream.
- Prawns are incessantly hunted after by farmers. They are of particular importance in Western Australia, which catch more than 2000 tones of prawns every year. While this is good for the nutrition levels of local Australians, it spells disaster for the population of turtles. Scientists have estimated that around 29,000 sea turtles are captured and killed by fishing nets meant to lure in prawns.
- Despite its importance in Western Australia, China is the largest producer of seafood in the world, which is responsible for 41% of shrimp production.
In 2016, India was the largest exporter for shrimps.