Prawn and Chicken Jambalaya
gram of large prawns, preferably raw
grams of chopped boneless chicken. The chicken should preferably be chopped into 2 cm pieces
chopped green peppers
chopped cloves of garlic
piece of peeled and chopped root ginger
Finely chopped tomatoes
gram of washed basmati rice
tablespoon of vegetable oil
How to Make Prawn and Chicken Jambalaya
- Prepare a small pan of water and put the prawns to a boil inside it.
- Simmer the prawns inside for 3 minutes, before taking them out.
- Now, prepare the chicken stock by mixing hot water with the stock cubes. Add the chicken as well, and stir.
- Remove the pieces of chicken from the stock.
- Take a frying pan and heat the oil inside it. Now put in the onion and wait for 5 minutes.
- Add the green peppers now, and stir fry them with onions.
- Add ginger and garlic with the celery pieces. Keep frying for 3 minutes, and then pour the washed rice in. Mix the rice well.
- When the rice has been well stirred, add the liquid from the stock and turn the flame up.
- When the rice reaches the boil, add tomatoes and bay leaves.
- Put the lid on the pot now and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and prawns after 20 minutes. Stir them with the rice.
- Put the lid back on and let the rice be for 5 minutes.
- Toss some spring onion and parsley on the mixture and stir gently. Serve hot.
The prawn industry is one of the fastest growing aquatic industries across the world.