How to make Potato Bhajji
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and put them in a bowl. Pour some water into it and add salt. Set aside. Chop the onions, tomatoes and cilantro leaves. Set aside.
- Pour oil into a pan and heat it. Add the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add the curry leaves and fry for some time. Add the onions and fry the onions till they are cooked. Stir in the garlic-ginger paste.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric, and red chilli powder. Season with salt. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on high heat until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Check at intervals to make sure it does not get burned.
- Add mango powder, if desired, to make it tastier.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro. Serve it with bread or rotis.
Note: To reduce your cooking time, peel and slice the potatoes and soak in warm water and add some salt.
- Potatoes are the second most consumed food in the United States. Milk products are the first.