How to make Potato And Broccoli Soup
- Melt the butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5minutes, until it is tender.
- Add the potatoes, chicken broth, and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8minutes until it is tender.
- Puree the potatoes and broth to the level of consistency you want it to have. Return to the pan.
- Add the broccoli and milk and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Toss the cheese with the flour. Add to the soup in batches, stirring well after each addition.
- Season the soup with pepper and additional salt, as needed.
- Do you know that there is a song titled “broccoli” it is sung by English pop stick band Mcfly.