Pistachio Crusted Chicken
cup pistachios, chopped
tbsp Dijon mustard
tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
How to make Pistachio Crusted Chicken
- Preheat your oven to 500-degree F.
- Grease the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl add pistachios and breadcrumbs.
- To a separate bowl, add Dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper and combine until smooth.
- Dip the chicken in the dressing and on the breadcrumbs to coat evenly and place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the chicken in preheated oven while turning the oven down to 375 degrees F.
- Bake till the pistachio coating is golden brown and the chicken is not pink anymore.
- 98% of the total pistachio production in the United States comes from California.
- The National Pistachio Day is celebrated on February 26th every year.
- History reveals that humans have been snacking on this amazing dry fruit for not less than 9000 years.
- Pistachio is named as the “happy nut” by China. Pistachios are often known as “the green almond”.