- 22 oz. mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried, and fine chopped
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 small onion, fine chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Mandarin almond salad is a fabulously light and delicious salad overloaded with the goodness of fruits and vegetables. This salad makes a great meal if you are following the 5-a-day rule of fruits and vegetables.
With crunchy almonds, a fruit and vegetables mixed, this salad is a complete delight with varied textures. The flavors of sugared almonds, tart and sweet mandarins, and acidity from red wine, it is completely flavorful.
This salad can be rustled up in minutes if you have all the ingredients handy in your kitchen pantry
- Almonds are a great source of antioxidants thus great for your immunity.
- Almonds control blood sugar level, which is why they are good for diabetic patients. It can lower your blood pressure and protect you from kidney failure, stroke or heart attacks. Moreover, almonds also lower cholesterol levels in your body.
How to make Mandarin Almond Salad